Monday, January 26, 2009

Prayers Please

Last week, James lost his job. It was quite a blow to us. But after reflecting on it, we realize that it may be a blessing in disguise. We have many options before us. We could stay in Rochester. We could move back to Ohio. We could move to Missouri. We could move to Boise. We could even move to Utah. We have had many family members offer their homes to us. We are very grateful for all the love and support we have been shown.

James did have an interview last week and also may have a lead to get back into the FAA. However, we don't have any family to keep us in Rochester. So without a job, we aren't sure we should stay.

Today, we are fasting and praying for guidance and direction. We want to do what the Lord wants us to do. His will is what is most important to us right now.

If you would like to add your prayers to ours, we would be entirely grateful.

8 comments:

Elena said...

Uggghhhh...losing your job is tough. Seems like everywhere I turn (including my own house) this is the story I'm hearing. Best luck with your new adventure. Hope he finds something soon.

Palmer Family said...

Oh I am so sorry! We will definately keep you in our prayers. Moving to Utah wouldn't be so bad!

Krista said...

We would love to have you closer to us! I love your attitude about it being a blessing in disguise. I know the Lord will lead you where he needs you most. We have definitely found the saying, "When God closes a door, he opens a window" to be true! We will keep you guys in our prayers. We hope you will be able to figure out quickly what the Lord has in store for you! We love you guys!!!

PS--I don't suppose they would have any FAA jobs in St. George, would they?? :)

JP said...

You can come stay with me!

Anonymous said...

Marcie...if you come back to Lorain, I have a beautiful 2 bedroom apt. upstairs from me that is now empty and it is ready for new tenants. It has new carpeting, and it has been completely redone from top to bottom. You can have it cheap. I'm the landlord so we can negociate a deal$$$. You know I am here for you babe...

A.Pandina said...

Marci, so sorry to hear. Good luck within the nearest future.

Jennifer said...

((((((((HORNERS))))))))

Sending a big hug, and prayers your way!

and to the Palmer Family -- moving to BOISE wouldn't be so bad either! ;)

JP said...

Don't forget that this Sunday is Fast Sunday....so you will be in my fast....