Thursday, June 26, 2008

Soccer game

Yesterday, Cam had his first soccer game. They only played 3 on 3 with no goalies, and 4 four minute quarters. Cam has been so excited for this. He was worried that everyone would laugh at him if he didn't make it in the goal. In the past he has been too shy to even play.

So, imagine James and I on the sideline watching our son get the first goal. It was so exciting. Then he scored again. Luckily, I was in the right frame of mind to get my recorder going. Then he scored another and another. I looked at James and swore there was a tear in his eye.

I had to leave early, but James called with the outcome. Of course, they don't officially keep score so there are no winners or losers. But James was keeping track. The score was 9-2. And can you guess who scored all 9 of our points? That's right. Our little Cam. With Glori cheering him on all the way. She is the best cheerleader. They finally took Cam out so the other kids could have a chance to get the ball.


8 comments:

Elena said...

I love it! Little kid "magnet ball". So cute. Sounds like your little boy is a natural.

A.Pandina said...

He's got talent! What a great day at the Horner house. Way to go Cam.

Mama Williams said...

Wow! What a superstar! Guess you'll continue to be a "soccer Mom".

Probert Hill said...

That's My Boy! And I loved hearing My Girl Cheering him on.

Brooke said...

He's really good! (Although, I'm not surprised.) I'm glad you had your camera to record it. How fun.

Susan said...

so 9 goals .... is that 3 hattricks? or is there another name...I'll ask Jordan if you don't know.

Probert Hill said...

I think that just made fifty times I've watched the "little" guy take the ball and make a goal. I love when he jumps as he runs back to the coach.
Proud Grandma

Probert Hill said...

I think that makes fifty times I've watched the "little" guy take the ball and make a goal. I really love when he jumps as he runs back to the coach. Bet he was sayin Wah Hoo...
Proud Grandma