Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 7 in Missouri

I am so mad that I didn't take my camera. We went to an Amish auction in the morning. It was so fun. We came home with a car full of tomatoes, yellow squash, onions, cucumbers, and 1 canteloupe. Bidding was very exciting. The auctioneers talk so fast. It's like they're singing. At one point I put my hand on my face to brush some hair away. It turns out I had bidded for 10 boxes of butternut squash. Luckily, I was outbidded. It was so neat seeing rows of Amish horse and buggies. Grrrr, why didn't I take my camera????

2 comments:

BrianaKay said...

hahaha. 10 boxes of butternut squash! thats hilarious.

Elena said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to one of those. How neat. I love that you were just brushing your face. Hilarious. Maybe I'd better stay away, I'd probaby accidently be the winning bid of something I really didn't need.