Monday, October 13, 2008

Reading, reading and more reading

I have totally been slacking in the blogging department. I know, but for some reason, downloading pictures from my camera is not my favorite thing to do. I keep putting it off like the laundry. But I have pictures from a recent field trip that I promise to get around to.

So what have a been doing. Well, I've turned into an avid reader. I finished Wuthering Heights last week. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Yes, it was dark, but very interesting insight into why people are the way they are. But the book I just finished was a wonderful story. It's called Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale.



I loved the heroine of this story. She is so faithful and selfless. She believes in herself and the power of prayer. And she makes things happen instead of waiting for things to happen. And of course, it ends happily every after...my favorite kind of ending. It is a great story. You should read it.

3 comments:

Susan said...

try Jane Eyre....a lovely story....and my 1st daughter's favorite.

Krista said...

Yay, you finally updated! :) I check almost every day to find out what is going on in "Horner Land". I can sympathize, however, because I love reading, too, and find it hard to put down a good book! I can also sympathize with uploading pictures--it drives me crazy!

Kate said...

I love a good happily ever after-I'll definitely check it out!