Monday, November 17, 2008

Homemade Bread

Lately I've been making a lot of whole wheat bread. I've actually been making a loaf a day. I have finally perfected it so that it is just right. My mom convinced me that it's a waste to only make one loaf of bread. She said that its a lot of work and I should making more at a time. So now I'm making four. That just means that we eat one loaf straight out of the oven and have three left. It is so good.

But I told her it really wasn't that much work to make a loaf of bread. All I do is mix the ingredients. Put the dough in my stone loaf pan and let it rise in a warm oven for about an hour. Then I preheat the oven with my dough in it. After the oven is warm I let it cook for about 12 minutes. She was amazed because "that's not the way you make bread. You have to let it rise, then knead it, then shape it into loaves, then let it rise again, then bake it for 30 minutes or more." Well, that is a lot of work. She wondered where I learned to do it the wrong way. I really don't know. But here's the thing. My bread is perfect without doing all that work. She tried it for herself and agrees.

So I'm here to tell the world...You don't need to go through all that work to make bread. It's actually rather easy and just as yummy my way.

4 comments:

ginny said...

so is the recipe secret? are you sharing?

Anonymous said...

Hi Marci,
Love your blog. I just got a bread maker and I am trying to make bread. That has been a work in progress. Love ya...Millie

http://2good4nana.spaces.live.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi Marci,
love yor blog...Millie...Lorain Ward

http://2good4nana.spaces.live.com/

Kate said...

I recently got a ton of wheat, and eventually I'll get a grinder, and then I'll need a decent, easy way to cook bread. Do share! Pretty please?